Stay awake and watch the End Times unfold
Jesus has warned us to keep watch for the signs of the End Times (also referred to as the Last Days, the Day of the Lord, or the Last Hour). Just count the number of times Jesus repeatedly said to “stay awake” in Mark 13:32-37. Clearly, this is a significant warning. As believers, we need to arm ourselves with some basic knowledge about the End Times so that we can stay watchful, as commanded by Jesus. The time to His second coming is running down.
Mark 13:32-37 ESV “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard, keep awake. For you do not know when the time will come. It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. Therefore stay awake—for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning— lest he come suddenly and find you asleep. And what I say to you I say to all: Stay awake.”
The End Times will be the most dramatic, difficult, and even dangerous times in history. We all need to know how to prepare our hearts to persevere regardless of what happens, so that we will emerge victorious with God, rather than become condemned with the rest of the world. Jesus has told us that the one who endures to the end will be saved. As we are about to see, the End Times will be about the survival of the (spiritually) fittest.
Matthew 24:13 ESV And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Know the times, not the exact time
For over 2,000 years, people have tried to analyse and predict when the End Times will come, how it will unfold, and when Jesus will come back to rule the earth. Yet Jesus Himself does not know the “day or hour” He will return. He will come when we least expect it – like a “thief in the night.” Only Father God knows the date and time.
Mark 13:32 ESV “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
1 Thessalonians 5:2 ESV For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
Revelation 16:15 ESV (“Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed!”)
It would, therefore, be a mistake for any of us to try to pinpoint the exact time for Jesus’ return. Many people have tried to do so in the past and many will keep trying. Jesus has already told us that it is not for us to know such details.
Acts 1:6-7 ESV So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority.
Nonetheless, the Bible has provided enough information for us to know about this overall period. The End Times describe a period of time before Jesus’ second coming comprising several events, rather than any singular event.
There are more prophecies in the Bible about this period than any other event. The End Times are not just described in Revelation, the final book of the Bible, but throughout God’s Word – starting with the books of Deuteronomy, Psalms, and all the Prophets in the Old Testament, right through the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, and the Epistles such as 1 and 2 Corinthians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians and 2 Timothy in the New Testament, just to name a few. There are over 150 chapters in the Bible that cover the End Times.
In fact, many of the foretold events before Jesus’ return have already taken place. Here are just a handful of examples.
- Knowledge will increase – Research and the Internet have made this a reality | Daniel 12:4 ESV But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
- Travel will go international – We now have numerous options for regional and international travel | Daniel 12:4 ESV But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
- The gospel will reach the whole world – There are numerous international Bible translation ministries, television and radio ministries, missionaries and free online Biblical resources and testimonies that are achieving this | Matthew 24:14 ESV And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
- Natural disasters, famines, and epidemics will increase – All these have increased exponentially in the last hundred years | Luke 21:11 ESV There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.
- People groups will turn against each other – Ethnic, regional, religious, political conflicts are on the increase| Matthew 24:7 ESV For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom…
- There will be constant real and fake news about wars – There are numerous regional wars, trade wars, and cyberwars going on now | Matthew 24:6 ESV And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
- God will “give birth to a land” in a day – Israel became a nation state on May 14, 1948 where the head of the Jewish Agency, David Ben-Gurion, proclaimed the establishment of the State of Israel. US President Harry S. Truman recognised the new nation on the same day. | Isaiah 66:8 ESV Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall a land be born in one day? Shall a nation be brought forth in one moment? For as soon as Zion was in labor she brought forth her children.
Many of the other prophecies about the End Times, such as what Jesus foretold in Luke 21, can be very troubling to read.
Luke 21:7-19 ESV And they asked him, “Teacher, when will these things be, and what will be the sign when these things are about to take place?” And he said, “See that you are not led astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and, ‘The time is at hand!’ Do not go after them. And when you hear of wars and tumults, do not be terrified, for these things must first take place, but the end will not be at once.” Then he said to them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven. But before all this they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name’s sake. This will be your opportunity to bear witness. Settle it therefore in your minds not to meditate beforehand how to answer, for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict. You will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and some of you they will put to death. You will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But not a hair of your head will perish. By your endurance you will gain your lives.
End Times prophecies show us God is in control
We need to keep in mind that God puts these warnings in the Bible for our good, so we do not easily become dismayed, alarmed or afraid as they happen. We can rest assured that things have not gotten completely out of control, even though they can look like they have. God is firmly in control and has a sovereign plan for all mankind.
Prophecies are always given to either strengthen, encourage, and comfort us. They are only partial revelations and won’t become clear until the events have come to pass. When they finally do happen, we can recognise God’s hand at work and praise Him. This is why God expects us to “know how to interpret the signs of the times” just like we know how to read the weather. God wants to protect us and prevent us from being deceived like the rest of the world will be.
1 Corinthians 14:3 NLT But one who prophesies strengthens others, encourages them, and comforts them.
1 Corinthians 13:9 ESV For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
Matthew 16:1-3 NLT One day the Pharisees and Sadducees came to test Jesus, demanding that he show them a miraculous sign from heaven to prove his authority. He replied, “You know the saying, ‘Red sky at night means fair weather tomorrow; red sky in the morning means foul weather all day.’ You know how to interpret the weather signs in the sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the signs of the times!
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 ESV Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way…
Different religions also warn about the End Times
All the major religions of the world also acknowledge that the earth will one day meet its demise and that a “saviour” will appear supernaturally to restore order. There are striking similarities in their narratives with the Bible, showing that God has indeed put a sense of eternity in mankind’s hearts.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 ESV … Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.
In Judaism, the end times are usually called the “end of days.” The Jewish people believe this will be a time where the exiled diaspora will regather, a Jewish Messiah will come to earth, the dead are revived and the afterlife will begin.
In Islam, the end of the world is referred to as the Hour. The Muslims believe that Jesus, known as Isa in Islam, will return to kill an evil deceiver called the al-Masih al-Dajjal who tries to destroy the planet. (The al-Masih al-Dajjal is similar in nature to the antichrist described in the Bible.) A period of peace then follows where this “Jesus” will die a natural death, leading to a time of destruction followed by the Hour.
In Hinduism, the Hindus are told that one of their deities, Vishnu, will come to earth as a savior figure called Kulki. This Kulki will ride a white horse, carrying a sword that looks like a comet in his hand, and destroy the forces of evil. (This imagery is strikingly similar to how Jesus will look like when He returns in Revelation 19:11-16.)
In Buddhism, the Buddhist sermon of the “Seven Suns,” known as the Sattasūriya sutta, teaches that the world will meet its end through the appearance of seven suns in the sky. Each sun will cause greater and greater destruction until the earth is destroyed. (This bears some resemblance to the seven angels that will bring seven plagues to destroy the earth, mentioned in Revelation 15-16.) A future buddha called Maitreya will come and teach the “pure dharma” about right behaviour and social order.
As believers, we cannot be left unaware of what God says about the End Times and our true Saviour.
Our faith will be tested in the End Times
The Bible gives us many insights into what will happen to Christians in the Last Days and it is not good news. No wonder Jesus asked if He would find faith on earth when He returns.
Luke 18:7-8 ESV And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”
- People will not love God’s Word or endure sound teaching | 2 Timothy 4:3 ESV For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
- There will be false “saviours” and prophets that wow God’s people away from the truth | Matthew 24:24 NLT For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones.
- Many will follow teachers who tell them what pleases them, rather than what glorifies God | 2 Timothy 4:3 ESV For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,
- Even mature and faithful believers will be tempted and be led astray | Matthew 24:24 NLT For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones.
- Many will follow “Christian myths” rather than hard Biblical truths | 2 Timothy 4:4 ESV and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
- Some Christians will even become devoted to and follow the teachings of demonic spirits | 1 Timothy 4:1 ESV Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
- Followers will turn against each other | Matthew 24:10 NLT And many will turn away from me and betray and hate each other.
- Many people will be influenced by the lawlessness in the world and their devotion to God will grow cold and slowly die off | Matthew 24:12 ESV And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.
- Many will live the “good life,” oblivious to the End of the world and their utter destruction | Matthew 24:37-39 ESV For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
Much of what is described is already happening before our eyes, and we need to stay awake and ensure we do not get seduced into adopting such attitudes ourselves.
Too many Christians today end up chasing worldly pleasures and earthly agendas, rather than God. Such persons can even appear to be exceptionally religious and tell you all the right “Christian-sounding” things, but inwardly, they will reject the power of God’s Spirit to transform them from the inside out.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.
We live in a time where people no longer fear God and will handpick bits of His Word to suit their own agendas. They will tell you that their understanding of God depends on how they have interpreted the Bible, which denomination or church organisation they follow, which pastor they like, which theology they buy into, and so forth. Most do not search the scriptures for the truth on their own because they “don’t have time” to read the Bible.
Romans 3:18 ESV “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
When we don’t hold the Word as sacred and treasure it enough to study it for God’s true meaning, with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can easily twist God’s Word. Out of spiritual ignorance or immaturity, we come to believe something quite different that will eventually result in our destruction.
2 Peter 3:15-16 NLT… This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him— speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.
The troubles we will experience in the End Times
If you look around and feel dismayed by what is happening around the world, do know that God calls these only “the beginning of the birth pains.” The pressures on this world will only increase over the next few years.
Matthew 24:8-9 ESV All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake.
There are different possible scenarios concerning which events will come first, their timelines, as well as what their figurative descriptions mean. These include the order in which the Rapture, the Millennium, the Abomination of desolation, and the Last Judgment will come, or who exactly are the antichrist, the whore of Babylon, and the Kings of the East, and so forth. There has been much debate and such discussions are excluded here. We will only go through some un-disputable facts.
2 Timothy 2:14 NIV Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.
Some clear signs of the End Times include:
- There will be great troubles and suffering, like nothing in history | Matthew 24:21 ESV For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.
- There will be dramatic cosmic changes in the sky (some liken this to a possible nuclear war) | Matthew 24:29 NLT “Immediately after the anguish of those days, the sun will be darkened, the moon will give no light, the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.
- Many people will live in dread and fear when they start to see the signs | Luke 21:25-26 ESV “And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
- Followers of Christ will be hated, persecuted, and even killed | Matthew 24:9 ESV “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake.
- A man, known as the anti-Christ/the beast, will go against all of God’s people and gain great political power and spiritual authority over every nation on earth | Revelation 13:7 ESV Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.
- This man will perform many wonders, thereby deceiving and convincing other people to bow to him | 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10 ESV The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
- The anti-Christ will even perform a counterfeit resurrection from the dead to amaze the world | Revelation 13:3 NLT I saw that one of the heads of the beast seemed wounded beyond recovery—but the fatal wound was healed! The whole world marveled at this miracle and gave allegiance to the beast.
- He will remove offerings made to the one true God from the temple in Jerusalem | Daniel 11:31 ESV Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate.
- The anti-Christ will set himself up in the temple in Jerusalem as god | 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 ESV … the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
All this deception, chaos, and abomination during the End Times does not come about because God is cruel or asleep. In fact, it is just the opposite.
When God created this world, it was wondrously good. It is only coming to an end because mankind has given its enemy, Satan, free reign and power to steal, kill, and destroy all of God’s intended goodness. Satan controls and dominates most people’s hearts and global systems today. Many have chosen the wide gate and easy way to destruction.
John 10:10 ESV The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
1 John 5:19 ESV We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
Matthew 7:13-14 ESV “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
God could bring an end to all this right now but if Jesus were to return for Judgement Day today, many of our loved ones may be doomed for all eternity without a second chance of receiving the good news of Jesus. God is patient with us and desires that “all should reach repentance.” He will also shorten the period of suffering during the End Times and bring justice speedily for our sakes.
2 Peter 3:3-9 ESV knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly. But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
Matthew 24:22 ESV And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.
Jesus will return to rule and restore order
The good news is that Jesus will return to restore everyone and everything on this earth to purity and goodness. He will destroy evil and remove our enemies. Here are some things we can expect and look forward (not listed in chronological order).
- Jesus will return from the sky, the same way He ascended up | Acts 1:9-11 ESV And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”
- Those who have died will join Jesus first, followed by those who are living | 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 ESV For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.
- Jesus will call His faithful followers up into the sky to join Him | 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 ESV For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord
- Everyone will recognise that they had rejected the true Messiah, Jesus Christ and mourn | Revelation 1:7 ESV Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
- The true nature of anti-Christ will be revealed and Jesus will come to destroy him | 2 Thessalonians 2:8 ESV Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming.
- Jesus will fight a battle against dark forces in the spiritual realm | Zechariah 14:3 ESV Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle.
- Jesus will triumph, subdue the nations, and rule over the whole earth | Revelation 19:15-16 ESV From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
- God will bring judgement and justice against those who have afflicted us | 2 Thessalonians 1:6-7 ESV since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you, and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels
- All who worship Satan will be destroyed, thrown into the lake of fire | Revelation 19:20-21 ESV And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. And the rest were slain by the sword that came from the mouth of him who was sitting on the horse, and all the birds were gorged with their flesh.
- God will heal us and cure our wounds | Isaiah 30:26-27 ESV The moon will be as bright as the sun, and the sun will be seven times brighter—like the light of seven days in one! So it will be when the Lord begins to heal his people and cure the wounds he gave them.
- Jesus will bring all faithful followers to the place He has prepared for us | John 14:2-3 ESV In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also..
How we are to respond
How are we to respond as disciples of Jesus during the End Times? Thankfully, the Bible gives us a lot of sound guidance on the matter.
God’s Word shows us that we are to:
- Love and study God’s Word so we do not come under a strong delusion ourselves | 2 Thessalonians 2:10-11 ESV … they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false,
- Do not our neglect spiritual disciplines, such as Bible reading, baptism, praying, fasting, communion, gathering in community etc. | 2 Thessalonians 2:15 ESV So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.
- Live godly lives, waiting for Jesus’ return | 2 Peter 3:11-12 ESV Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God,
- Do not get caught up or dulled by our self-indulgences and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life | Luke 21:34-36 ESV “But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”
- Test all spirits and do not be deceived by demonic powers and false signs and wonders | 2 Thessalonians 2:3,9-10 ESV Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
- Do not be easily shaken by doomsday prophecies | 2 Thessalonians 2:2 ESV Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.
- Do not get carried away by the error of lawless Christians and lose our secure position in Christ. Instead, grow in our knowledge of God | 2 Peter 3:17 ESV You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…
- Stay hopeful, do not grieve | 1 Thessalonians 4:13,16 ESV But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God…
- Be ready to rejoice when His glory is revealed | 1 Peter 4:13 ESV But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed..
There is a growing sense of urgency in the body of Christ that Jesus is returning soon. Will we be ready? Philippians 1:9-10 is a prayer for all of us.
Philippians 1:9-10 ESV And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:2-6 ESV For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober.
Revelation 9:20 ESV The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands nor give up worshiping demons and idols of gold and silver and bronze and stone and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk,
To receive notifications of new posts from Teaching Humble Hearts, please subscribe here .