Lesson 10 | The desire to sin
Summary of key points
- We tend to disguise or hide our fears, shortcomings, and failures. We also do the same for our sins.
- Everyone sins, there is no shame in admitting that.
- Our sinful actions are driven by fundamental desires for security, pleasure, self-worth, and comfort. We are meant to place all these desires in God Himself.
- Our desires become sinful when we try to fulfil them with our sinful nature in the lead.
- The Holy Spirit will gently prompt us with desires that are contrary to our sinful nature so we do not sin against God.
- We also need to recognise the arguments from Satan that lead us to be captive to sin (with 10 examples). We need to grow in spiritual discernment and maturity in God’s Word so that we do not fall for such arguments.
- We can pray to destroy strongholds of sin and stay alert to thoughts that tempt us in the future.
Group reflection questions
- From now on, how will you respond to anyone who tempts you to follow Satan to sin?
- Are there ungodly relationships you need to consider cutting out from your life?
Download the PDF of the transcript here: Love the Lord lesson 10 lesson notes
To receive notifications of new posts from Teaching Humble Hearts, please subscribe here .